Renico Earthworks & Civils (Pty) Ltd has been contracted to undertake earthworks and civil services for the new improved Leap Campus and the proposed Honeydew College. The scope of work, which commenced on 2 March 2020, includes, but is not limited to, Roadworks, and work on Stormwater, Sewer and Water services, as detailed below.
- The upgrade and extension of the existing parking area at the school.
- The road widening of Zeiss Road and the construction of a bellmouth entrance to the school.
- The installation of a new stormwater pipeline to accommodate future developments of the school.
- The construction of an attenuation pond to assist with stormwater problems
- The installation of a new sewer line to accommodate future developments of the school.
- Road upgrades to the intersection of Zeiss and Piet Retief Roads, which includes road widening and the construction of a new traffic circle. The upgrade of Taylor Road consists of widening the road to introduce a new lane.
Randwater/Kubemo appointed Renico Earthworks and Civils as the earthworks contractor for the construction of the new generating farm yard at the Eikenhof Randwater Pump Station, a National Key Point. The scope of work, which commenced on 15 February 2020, included the following:
- Construction of a 9 000m2 generator farm yard
- Construction of a new access road to the farm yard
- Construction of cable trenches and the installation of 2,2km of sleeves
- Installation of new Storm water lines
Renico Earthworks and Civils has been appointed to construct the Roads, Platforms and Civil services for the new AGT Foods Warehouse Expansion. Commencing on 13 January 2020, the work includes the following:
- Construction of a new Silo and Warehouse platform
- Installation of a new water reticulation to the expanded warehouse area
- Installation of new Storm water lines
- Layer works construction for the new delivery road and parking area
The company was contracted to undertake the bulk earthworks and civils services for the new FedEx Distribution Warehouse in the Hughes Industrial Services Park, Boksburg, commencing on 10 January 2020. The site covers an area of 9570m2, and the contract involves the following:
- Cut to Spoil 6650m3 of unsuitable material
- Import 2905m3 of Selected Dump Rock to form a drainage layer and create a stable foundation for the new Warehouse and Office block
- Construction of a new warehouse platform with an area of 6000 m2
- Construction of a Parking Area with a Paved finish of 4000 m2
- Install 323m of water reticulation
- Install 274m of stormwater pipes
- Install 44m of sewer reticulation
Renico Earthworks & Civils (Pty) Ltd has been contracted to improve parking and access at the Life Health Care, Wilgeheuwel Hospital. Moving onto site on 28 October 2019, they are undertaking the following:
- The construction of a new parking area with an asphalt finish
- The construction of a temporary earthworks parking area
- The construction of a 720 m² attenuation pond for stormwater
- The construction of additional lanes and the widening of Paul Kruger Ave to accommodate the new entrance to the parking area.
- The relocation of existing underground communication services to enable the widening of the road.
- The installation of a new bulk waterline to the expanded parking area
- The installation of additional stormwater lines and catchment areas for the new parking expansion
Commencing work on 18 October 2019, Renico Earthworks & Civils (Pty) Ltd was initially contracted to prepare the site for the construction of the shopping centre, creating a suitable platform and installing the services necessary to fulfil the water and sewage requirements for the centre. This was completed by January 2020 when construction teams moved onto the site.
The company is currently undertaking the layer works for a parking area of 11 555m2 and installing a storm water drainage system involving 531 metres of pipeline.
Moving onto site on 28 August 2019, Renico Earthworks and Civils (Pty) Ltd is currently busy with the installation of bulk services for the new upmarket Brendavere Village. The scope of work entails the following:
- Construction of a new Property Entrance
- Installation and relocation of existing and new water reticulation
- Installation and relocation of existing and new sewer reticulation
- Construction and upgrade of the attenuation pond including inlet and outlet structures
- Upgrade and installation of a Traffic Circle at the Campbell and Randa Road T-junction.
Renico Earthworks and Civils was appointed by Steyn City to construct the so called Northern Access Roads. These roads will be the link between the Northern Access Gatehouse, Steyn City Phase 1, New Lagoon and City Centre. All roads are high spec dual carriage ways in both directions, with pedestrian and cycle lanes included. The following scope formed part of this contract, with work commencing on 1 July 2019.
- Installation of 4000m of sleeves
- Installation of 270 m Open trench and 110m drilling for the Sewer Reticulation
- Installation of 460 m of Water Reticulation
- Installation of 506 m of 600 mm dia and 315 m of 450 mm dia Stormwater drains
- Construction of 20 000 m2 of Road layers (Roadbed/Selected layers/Sub-base/Base)
- Construction of a 6550 m2 Paving Roundabout
- Laying of 18 430 m2) of Asphalt surfacing
- Construction of a 5230 m2 Security Road
- Construction of a 4200 m2 Temporary Bypass Road
In preparation for the construction of a village of apartment blocks, Renico Earthworks & Civils moved onto site on 2 March 2019 and is undertaking the following work there:
- Construction of parking area with a paved finish
- Sewer reticulation for the new buildings
- Installation of a stormwater system to connect to the Attenuation pond